The restaurant series: My favorite Roman Eateries - the top of the tops: Enoteca La Torre

It is pretty dificult to eat badly in Rome. With a littel care in your selection, the help of tripadvisor, yelp, gambero rosso, taxidrivers, friends and other trusted sources you will most of the time eat divinely in the eternal city.

I had such magnificent tiramisu there that I almost cried with joy. Succulent pasta, amazing anti pasti, mouth-watering meat and delicious fish. The shere variety of culinary delight in Rome is endless. I always dream of one day knowing all the best restaurants in tutta Roma, but I am afraid it is an impossible task, but a wonderful objective to strive for.

And there is more than food to eating out in Rome: with eating, of course, comes wine and romantic locations immersed in history and the human contact with the waiters, other guests and sometimes even the cooks.

So, yes, I definitely need to start talking Roman food. Where to start?

The scope goes from street food to gourmet places. Why not start at the very top of my liste:

The Enoteca La Torre in Villa Laetitia.  http://www.enotecalatorreroma.com/

This Enoteca is located in a beautiful Villa that is owned by the Fendi family on the banks of the Tiber.

I discovered them via Groupon. Yes, I love Groupon. It helped me find many places in Rome and elsewhere I would not have found otherwise.

We went there  during the heat wave in the summer 2015 for lunch. It was amazing. I had never eaten such wonderful food before. Since it is an enoteca, we combined a different wine to all of our 5 courses. Yes, sometimes it is nice to exaggerate a bit.






After these series of delights and 5 glassses of wine we were seriously drunk and I took off for a photo series of the beauties of the interiors of Villa Laetitia.





The rest of the Villa is a B&B and it is on my list to stay there sometime.



Than we stumbled into the smouthering heat of about 40 degrees Celcius and walked home.
I was so enthousiastic that I took a series of weired picture of about everything I saw...including a broom...





After this wonderful experience of culinary perfection all we could do was take a long, long nap...

Comments

Popular Posts