Villa Pamphili

There is a huge park to the north of Trasevere. It is full of wonders. A castle, a baroque garden, fountains, majestic Roman pine trees, good looking joggers, and many dog owners.

It took me long time to venture into it, because it is kind of out of my usual Roman rounds.

I am too lazy today to research the history of this parc, I guess it must have been some former hunting and sommer residence place of the important Pamphili family.

Hm, I might do a series of these famous families once... the Colonna, the Pamphili, the Barberini, the Borghese...I just know that Olimpia Pamphili does interest me, because she was something like the power women behind the pope at her times.

So without many words, just some pictures from of the many hidden gems from my favorite city...





Comments

Popular Posts